Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Seeking critique partner for fantasy-influenced scifi novel

Seeking critique partner for fantasy-influenced scifi novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Seeking critique partner for fantasy-influenced scifi novel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ty.black
    Participant

Hi there!

I’m seeking a critique partner for my current project, a fantasy-influenced SciFi novel with a working title of “Salvator Mundi.” Salvator Mundi is a Joseph Campbell-style monomyth which begins in a small, pre-industrial village where there are no males. In fact, there seems to only ever have been one male to have visited the village (raising the question of where all the villagers came from). With a single exception the village women all pine for him to return, but it’s been a very long time since anyone’s seen him. Eventually one of the villagers, Vicky, escapes the mundane confines of the village, only to discover that her universe is not what it would appear to be.

I’m planning for Salvator Mundi to be approximately 80,000 words, and the first draft is currently about half done. I’m looking for a critique partner to comment on developmental matters, like characterization, plot, and general readability.

I’m pretty flexible in what I can offer for while critiquing. The only thing I generally don’t like to do is large amounts line-editing for grammar, but even with that I’d be willing to compromise for the right critique partner. I have a particular knack for restarting stuck research.

If you’re interested, please message me here or e-mail me at ty.black@tyblack.org

Thanks,
    Ty

ttoombs08
    Participant

Are you still looking for someone to read your manuscript?

ty.black
    Participant

Hi, Terrye,

Absolutely! I’ll send you a private message about it.

Thanks,
    Ty

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.