Home / Forums / List of Forums / Memoir / Seeking critique partner for memoir

Seeking critique partner for memoir

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Memoir / Seeking critique partner for memoir

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

krib101
    Participant

Greetings,

I have a complete draft of a memoir manuscript and I’d like to find someone to trade chapters of our work. Mine covers my life from 11-13 years and explores my experience with my mother’s drug addition. I could make a weekly or biweekly commitment to exchanging and critiquing each other’s work. I think my manuscript will need more feedback on structure, plot, scene placement, etc as opposed to grammar. Thanks!

coladaja
    Participant

Sounds good to me. I am a terrific editor and writing and composition English language teacher and it is not necessarily grammar I am seeking either. I am looking for someone to critique my short stories that are based on memoirs but with a message, possibly a hopeful inspiration or recommendation based on my experiences. I find memoirs are hard to be objective as far as the reader’s interest is concerned. I also have a human interest book success story revolving around my son I adopted in Thailand. By the time he was four, I was convinced he was intellectually really slow. Boy, was I wrong! There is a little in it about his color raised primarily in an American society with two blonde blue eyed sisters. I currently reside in North Carolina but have lived in Michigan, California, D.C., Texas, Virginia as well as Thailand, Lebanon, Vietnam.

Lois
    Participant

Do you still need a CP for your memoir? I completed a first (rough) draft of my memoir and would be glad to exchange chapters. Please email: loislavrisa@bellsouth.net

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.