Home / Forums / List of Forums / Women’s Fiction / Chick Lit / Seeking Experienced Critique Partners

Seeking Experienced Critique Partners

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Women’s Fiction / Chick Lit / Seeking Experienced Critique Partners

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

vermilion
    Participant

Hi there. Am looking for an experienced critique partner for my completed and polished work of women’s fiction. It’s full of drama, some romance, a dose of comedy, in an Asian setting. I have three main characters of various ages in their thirties, twenties and teens.

Looking to critique in the women’s fiction or chick lit genre, preferably with some storyline besides pure romance (not first draft please) and will be able to exchange crits on a regular basis, say twice a week, weekly, bi-weekly, whatever fits you.

vermilion
    Participant

Looks like this site is dead. No one is active around here.

aryabasu
    Participant

Hi Vermilion,
    I am new to the site and came across your search for a critique partner.

I too have a completed women’s fiction that I prefer to call a literary women’s fiction. It portrays lives of four generations of women in post colonial India.

Looks like we can help each other in critiquing and polishing each other’s language if you are still active here.

I am not an published writer yet, but very serious about writing and actively looking for someone whose sensibility would be close to mine.

Let me know if you are still active.

karenginther
    Participant

Hello,

Are you still in need of a crit partner? I am experienced and also have a polished work of romance/women’s fiction about a 45-year old woman. Let me know!

lissahoop
    Participant

I am working on a novel and looking for a long-term partner to motivate and critique as we progress in our work. My novel is about three generations of women in a small rural, but unique, Ozark foothills location that was founded by rich and well-known New Englanders in the 1800s. It spans over a hundred years looking at how the actions of those in the past influence the present. It focuses on three women and their relationships. It is part women’s fiction, some historical aspects, and location bound as well. I am open to critiquing similar works but also interested in any unique and challenging works in progress. You can email me at melissa.miles.mccarter @ gmail.com if you are interested.

cadams2
    Participant

I am interested in finding a partner who would critique my full-length manuscript (340 pages). My novel is about a southern family who keeps losing members to stupidity and violence (usually both). The story focuses on the new south of disenfranchised men who can not understand how and why the world has changed and left them on the fringes. The generation of the 70’s and 80’s that could support a family on one salary is dead and gone, and the new generation of men is enraged and scared at their economic and social impotence. Then there are the women who hold everything together, sometimes at the expense of their own dreams.
    Do you have a manuscript you’d like to trade for a critique? I’d be glad to send a sample chapter or two so that you can decide if my novel is one you’d like to read.

aryabasu
    Participant

Hi,
    Your story sounds interesting to me.

We may exchange some chapters and see if we are compatible.

I have a self published book you can have a look: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00POA6HJY

thanks,
    Arya

aaroncadena
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I’m J.Y. Olmos, author of the sci-fi book series “The Hive”

I just released my new book “The Hive: The Matriarch Saved” and would love to know everyone’s thoughts!

Here’s a short summary:
    When Earth is invaded, Evonne witnesses her family’s deaths and wakes up imprisoned in a room with other women of childbearing age. They undergo torturous experiments before being rescued by seemingly human alien warriors on a reconnaissance mission. Evonne’s ordeal has unleashed new abilities in her, powers she can’t fully understand or control.

Would love to know your guys thoughts 🙂

You can get a sneak peek of the first chapter on my website: http://jyobooks.com 🙂

aaroncadena
    Participant

Hi everyone!

Would love if you guys check out my new book “The Hive: The Matriarch Saved”

Here’s a short summary:
    When Earth is invaded, Evonne witnesses her family’s deaths and wakes up imprisoned in a room with other women of childbearing age. They undergo torturous experiments before being rescued by seemingly human alien warriors on a reconnaissance mission. Evonne’s ordeal has unleashed new abilities in her, powers she can’t fully understand or control.

Would love to know your guys thoughts 🙂

You can get a sneak peek of the first chapter on my website: http://jyobooks.com 🙂

sarah679
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I know this thread is old, but if any of you are still seeking a CP, let me know! My background is in screenwriting and I have a great group of writer friends in that area, but not as many resources in the novel world. I just sold my first novel (yay!) and am looking for a writer/writers to help give feedback as I navigate the editorial process on it, as well as giving feedback on future books. The current novel is women’s fiction with a comedic tone and a sci-fi twist to the story. As far as my experience level, I belong to a writer’s group, have participated in numerous workshop-style writing courses, and worked for years in TV and film development, so I have a decent amount of experience at giving notes.

Please reach out if you think we could help each other!
    -Sarah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.