Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking long-term CP for a more mature YA light fantasy novel

Seeking long-term CP for a more mature YA light fantasy novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Seeking long-term CP for a more mature YA light fantasy novel

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

cuteepie1794
    Participant

Hi Ladies,

I have the beginning of a light fantasy novel that’s nowhere near done (under 8,000 words). It takes place in an alternate late 1800s America, about a novice Catholic nun who has to leave the convent she’s grown up in to be a governess for an estranged manor house. However, after being attacked several times by mysterious shadowy creatures, she discovers that the Greek pantheon is real, that the gods are dying, and that she could be the key to saving them.

I’ve been writing fiction for over eight years and have some experience editing and evaluating manuscripts for a small publishing firm. I’m new to the CP seeking process though. My goal is to eventually query and get this WIP published. I’m seeking a CP who is honest, enthusiastic and reliable, who knows the nuances of YA or New Adult fiction, and who’s WIP is ideally under 10,000 words. Would love to establish a long-standing relationship where we can check in once a week (either via email or Skype/Facetime) and have mini-deadlines.

If interested, you can respond to this forum or email me (cmtell137@gmail.com) with the following:

1. Working title of your WIP (mine: “The Hidden Goddess”)
    2. Sub-genre of YA (mine: light fantasy)
    3. Word count (mine: under 8,000 words as of 5/13)
    4. Quick blurb (see first paragraph for mine)
    5. A few YA books you’ve read and enjoyed? (me: The Paper Magician series, A Shadow Bright and Burning, The Uglies series, The Goddess Test)
    6. What are your ultimate writing goals? (see second paragraph for mine)
    7. How long have you been writing? (see second paragraph for me)
    8. What is your writing style like? (I would say mine is pretty clean with a touch of lyrical prose)

You can check out my profile or twitter handle (@cmtell) to learn more about me. Looking forward to connecting! 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.