Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Suggestions for Improving LW Critique!

Suggestions for Improving LW Critique!

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Suggestions for Improving LW Critique!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Laura Ann Swanson
    Participant

Post your helpful suggestions here on how the site could improve your user experience, partner searching, forum browsing, etc…

Please limit your suggestions to mechanics and not: ‘ I think the logo should be blue’. πŸ˜€

Also be as specific as possible! Details always help!

lyrwriter
    Participant

Hi Laura! A couple of questions:

First of all, is there a way to make it so that switching between the Activity – Profile – Friends – Groups tabs (on a user profile) does not require re-loading the entire page each time? The NaNoWriMo website does this really well β€” if you’re not familiar with the site, feel free to go look at my profile as an example: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/509843

Secondly, it would be really helpful if it were possible to search other writers based on the genres they write (and/or the genres they read). I know about the “add similar writers as friends and then search among them” suggestion, but it’s a clunky method that requires a lot of legwork in terms of manually sorting through potential crit partners in order to add them as friends β€” at which point, you might as well not bother with searching. And what if you write more than one genre and just want to search people who write a specific one? At any rate, for what my two cents are worth, a genre-sorting search option would be great. πŸ™‚

Thanks so much for your help!

Laura Ann Swanson
    Participant

Hey lywriter! I don’t actually have anything to do with the site, I’m just trying to help out!
    I forwarded this thread to the owner, Laura Pepper Wu, who is super awesome and always willing to listen.

As far as I can see there is no way to sort by genre, but I know I have had multiple other people mention it to me. Hopefully that will be one of the first things that gets addressed.

Good suggestions!

Tracy Rohlfing
    Participant

I totally agree w/ @lyrwriter on the page having to reload.

Also and app for my phone would be awesome!

And maybe chat rooms? Being able to see who’s currently online.

laura
    Keymaster

Good morning!

Laura Pepper Wu here. THANK YOU for all your suggestions, I am taking them all on board and will certainly be trying my best to implement them. It’s very useful to know how you wish the site to work so please keep them coming. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

We are still a beta site, and one that my husband and I built our selves! I wanted to see if there was a need/ interest in it and with 200 members joining in 10 days I think that there definitely is. I am now looking into getting some real site engineers to help with the site and make these improvements.

Again thank you for supporting the site and helping me shape the direction of it. I couldn’t do it without you!

Laura xo

Jenn
    Participant

How about a way to skip to a certain page when clicking on a thread in the forums? That way you can jump to the latest part of the conversation or to wherever you left off.

Not really a suggestion so much as a thing I have noticed: on the LWC homepage, when I click on the groups at the bottom, I just get redirected to the homepage. The links are off, I think?

Otherwise, thank you Laura! I’m so glad you made this site πŸ™‚

Jenn
    Participant

Not sure if this is even possible, but how about sub-boards in group forums? That way we could have a query section where everyone posts their query in a separate thread, and so on for whatever else we need help with. I think that would help organization-wise. πŸ™‚

fiona
    Participant

I second the sub-board! It’s so much easier if we have all the queries under one heading, a new member welcome thread, and looking for a critique group thread etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.