Home / Forums / List of Forums / Crime & Mystery / The Man In The White Suit.

The Man In The White Suit.

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Crime & Mystery / The Man In The White Suit.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

zoolane
    Participant

The Man In The White Suit.

A man stood against wall on platform two at Victoria station. He was wear a pure white tailored suit probably from savile row. With palm hat, black rimmed glasses. Tapping the concrete floor with hes black cane and had a smiling a wick grin. Hustle and bustle of the passengers going about their everyday life.

The man with the white hat glance at direction of in come passers by trickle down steps. He slow move away from wall, gentle with a cane he walking Kris crossing through the crowd, with every few minutes he would look up like he was looking for someone. Train for the circle line heading for Earl Court was due. Soaring train came to stop, everyone crammed on. Just as the door was about close a tan shoe with cane step on, follow by a rest of him. With nudge here and there with the cane, he made his way to other side of carriage and peering through window of door that let other part of train. The man try hard to keep to himself to himself so does not have touch anyone, he just touch the handle of door and he immediate pull out cleanse wipes from pack out of hes pocket. Viciously cleaning his hands for 5 minutes but still looking intensely through the window.

Voice came through the speaker ”West Kensington station is next”, the doors begrudge pulled part and few people got off. A head with Palm hat on, got off to. Now man with tailored suit has olive skin finally comes stride into Mayday sun. Soft walking down the road with taking care not scuff he tan hand made shoes.

Just few yards in front of him is merchant banker from the Royal Bank of England. With bowler hat and umbrella and Trent coat over hes right arm. He turn with military prestige to the left to green grass of a park with few benchs with lake. The banker sway to the second bench in middle of park. Sitting down with the financial times and hes lunch out of briefcase which hiding under Trent coat.

That other end of bench, black rimmer man sat down, quick have good look around, he pulled out from inside of hes pocket a brown envelop place it in the middle them both. Casually banker hand move closer and pick it up, place in nap in front of the financial time, opened it check to if money was all there.
    It was so he slow place big white envelop down and man in white pick up and check content. He got up to leave and as pass by the banker. He turn the handle of the cane to right and out pop blade. He places in banker neck been care that no one saw what he did. Lend forward over the dead man and pick the envelop from the paper.

Olive skin man quick draw out other wipe for hes hands and other for bottom if hes cane. This he take up to ten minutes to washed the away the brutal deed at he just commit. Walking through the peaceful park, he mind is tick over with he next step and pat he breast pocket and with cunning grin. Reached the number twenty seven bus stop on high road. Red bus open in it door for man with hes white hat and cane to get on. He pay his fare. Pull a napkin from hes trouser pocket and placed on the seat before allow him sit down. Out come the wipes for hes hands again.

Gentle sway with bus as it move, he close hes chocolate brown eyes and look like hes snooze. After about fifteen minutes later, he rose up and took he napkin. Use napkin press bell and balance without hold on to rail. The man in white suit stepped off bus and headed for one bedroom flat in Chalk Farm in east London. Enter he accommodation, closed the curtains, put of radio on medium volume and make himself strong cup earl gray tea with two biscuits on side of sourcer. Sitting that hes writing bureau, pulling the envelops out from breast pocket.

White one go into clubbed hole and the other one is open and the man as still got the white hat on. Place the sheets of paper in front of him and started put line through names. About half an hour past and two cups of earl Grey later hes was left with five names. He glance in mirror with satiated but on he is immaculate suit he notices little but annoying red spot.

He started by put shower on and going to hes wardrobe. He is disguise with himself for get blood on himself. He think is how inconsider of that horrid little man to throw hes blood on me. I wonder if the dry cleaner will be able to remover in or just buy new one from savile row.

Taking out other crisp white suit, with the hat to match and tan shoes. He spend forty minutes on grooming himself and is ready to leave but this time he takes white cane.
    He looking in mirror and admiring himself now smart, clean and he remind himself of man from Casablanca film.

He halt black cab from Stepney high street, and directed the cab driver to The Dorchester Hotel in Mayfair.
    Black cab driver try have to polite conversation but he does not engaged with man in flawless white suit. The man with tan shoes leave cab,he marchs forward The Dorchester and the footman open the door for him.

Waiting near the entrance of hotel restaunt was middle aged semi attractive women. She flick her hair, in smooth, long red dress, she turn around to see him come. She gave little smile, wave and her eyes lit up like candles. They showed to centre table with roses in vase and table lay perfectly. The man with white hat get he napkin front his breast pocket and placed in on chair.

The waiter ask them if want anything while decide what to order. He gave her box with dark green paper on outside. She gasp with excitement with her gift. She was rather plain look women, with dark ginger hair, deep navy blue eyes and deep rose lipstick.

She spoke with high pitch sort of voice that going out through you.
    She shierk with excitment ” Thank you my dearest”.

She can not believe her luck that she land such handsome,intelligence generous man as this, she wish that she tell the world special her mother so she prove to her that she is woman and not been left on shelf. The place were she working is Royal Bank of England, she want to so much to tell gossips that she is glamour and desirable women it her own right.

The man with white tailored suit spoke with smooth, velvet tone with Italian accent
    ”Your welcome my love”.

The man with smooth tone as being seeing plain Jane of women for about six months, she come besotted by him and he has lavish her with attention and gifts. She has not being give this much time off any man for years.

He thinking that this the night were I see if all my hard work and manipulate of this poor naive women has to paid off. All she want to be sweep of her feet and feel love.

The time was nine pm by clock in restaunt, white cane resurface from the back of he chair, he got up and gentle step toward her. Pulled out her chair as gentleman would do for lady.

After links arms he quick cleanse hes hands and disreagrd in near bin on the way out. He was whisper sweet things in her ear all way to elevator and she was giggles like teenager again. They reached the seven floor to slow walking to the room for night, she was looking loving in hes eyes and she slips into her fantasy world of romance.

Champagne was cooling in ice bucket with glasses waiting to opened and drank.

She was wear slender satin red slip with stockings to match, arch herself against frame of wood post and Italian Stallone took her in hes arms kisses her all over. Made passion love to her, well passionate to her but necessity for him to make her feel special, love and keep her obsession with him.

She drift of sleep mean while he get up and does he ritual of cleanse himself. He is sitting in the chair watching her sleep. Slowly plain Jane stirs, she notices him in the chair fully dress which was not usual for him. He mention that coffee on the table, she get up and put on the hotel robe. She glide across to table, and see that she put gift on table. She pull green paper off and see what she think is real diamond necklace.

She gasp with delight” Thank you darling in wonderful”.

White suit man smile ” Your welcome and my pleasure”.

He began to fidget slight, she looked puzzle and worried.

In her gentlest tone ” Are you OK?my dearest”.

He when red with em brassed and began to tell tale of woe “I am some financial trouble. My business in trouble. I desperate in need of a cash flow injection”.

She look anxiously that him, with her hands reach out touch her lover’s hands. She rush and knelt beside him.

” I can only my life saving which amount to £2,000. If that help”. Her offer was made with sincere in her voice.

He sighed “My love, thank you for your offer but nowhere near enough.

He chocolate eyes began to watery,remove his black rimmer glasses and put them on table next to tray.
    He got and paces up and down the hotel room.

After few minutes he was staring out of window, with cunning smile and devious twinkle in hes eyes. He went sat on bed and changing hes actions into worried and with head in hands.

He pick has cane and lend all weight of hands on it and subtle a tear run down he cheek.

Hes tone had change when he reply “There is way you can help and but there element of risk”.

She get napkin off tray, slow wipe the tear away and she cuddle him and kisses his head.

She run over puzzle expression ” Now can I help”.

His eyes lids lies “That you could transfer money from the people who own me money, through bank system?”

She nervous sat down on chair “Is that not wrong if they do not agree”.
    She started wondered if she do right thing for him and her.

He got bit more intense “Well they own me not me own them, if they were not so tight my company would not be trouble and if I do not get money I am own I will not be able to see you again”.

He know that she has distress about growing old on her own, she is alone depart from her vicious tongue of mother. She desperately wants to be love and cherish.

She give in and agreed. The hand with small finger missed of left hand passed over the brown envelop to her with five names, bank detail and total of so called money owning is five millions pounds he want to get hands on.

As dawn broke across the London sky, plain Jane woke with happiest that she going keep him forever in her soul. The man with left little finger missing, had been laid there for hour or so. He mind races with what prospects and possibles all that money could bring him. He been longing to buy a Villa in hometown in Italy, in hope to regain hes self respect. The ritual cleanse himself began with hour in the bathroom.

After pull their selfs together, she had offer pay bill for The Dorchester which was round about five hundred pounds plus hundred or more for meal, which suit him just fine.

She gave her Italian Stallone kiss with her deep rose lips, and halt cab in direction of Kings Cross.

Now on the way home she began to think back on night previous conversation, was she really going to go through with deceitful acts just keep man that she love. What if someone notice or see on the daily computer log that she done this deeds? What will happened if she does get caution? But she need him to loves her, to make feel like woman again, he only one that she has in her heart and she thinking about him even when she suppose working. He is her knight in shining Armour who going carrying her off into sunset and live happier ever after. She overwhelm by what hes ask, and she must going through with her act of love for him.

Sunrise grace Monday morning with it amber, golden ray falling upon the London’s skyscrape. She get up about six am, she help mother get up, breakfast all usual chores and listen to her mother moaning about her to her face.
    Seven is here at last, the carer here, she finally get herself ready that grave task head of her. Dress a pale blue skirt, white blouse, favorite cardigan and low heels. She grab stuff, give nagging mother kiss goodbye and slam the door. She think she can guess what mother is whisper to carer, see what she wearing and no wonder she has not got a man in her life.

Her though begin to wonder of now she going pull errand off for him, She narrow missed the bus for work but quick stick her hand out. Sitting in middle of low deck, she daydream of the days and night she spend with her Italian Stallone, she love very minute. She remember he promise her romantic holiday maybe if she does this for him. He will whisk her off.

After about ten minutes it her stop. Her low black heel get lodge in drain between the bus and pavement. A co-worker is came to her aid helped her quick before bus squash her foot. The pair reached the bank door, he open the door for her, sign in together.

He asked “Would you care to meet in café for lunch”.
    She declined hes offer but he looked bit disappoint at fact.

Sunrise grace Monday morning with it amber, golden ray falling upon the London’s skyscrape. She get up about six am, she help mother get up, breakfast all usual chores and listen to her mother moaning about her to her face.
    Seven is here at last, the carer here, she finally get herself ready that grave task head of her. Dress a pale blue skirt, white blouse, favorite cardigan and low heels. She grab stuff, give nagging mother kiss goodbye and slam the door. She think she can guess what mother is whisper to carer, see what she wearing and no wonder she has not got a man in her life.

Her though begin to wonder of now she going pull errand off for him, She narrow missed the bus for work but quick stick her hand out. Sitting in middle of low deck, she daydream of the days and night she spend with her Italian Stallone, she love very minute. She remember he promise her romantic holiday maybe if she does this for him. He will whisk her off.

After about ten minutes it her stop. Her low black heel get lodge in drain between the bus and pavement. A co-worker is came to her aid helped her quick before bus squash her foot. The pair reached the bank door, he open the door for her, sign in together.

He asked “Would you care to meet in café for lunch”.
    She declined hes offer but he looked bit disappoint at fact.

Finally she at her desk, open her bag placed the romantic novel of week next pencil holder with sliver, slimline parker pen that her boss brought her last Christmas. This week book was Mills and Boone with every own whore of lover. Plain Jane took out her glasses, put on her computer and started nervous click, typing way like it was any other day. About eleven am the whole work force descending from the office for break to café or quick cigarette break.

Having side glance either way she decide shaky but thrill of be bad, she slip out the envelop from her trashy love novel, quick click with mouse to account department alway with one navy blue on the doorway, punch the account number, amount of one million from tight person into her lover account. She manage one more before lunch.

At midday now she sweat think any minute her boss is going call her in and confront her about her recent act of embezzlement. Place her bag on the table and pull out lunch which was in better ware with ordinary ham, pickle sandwich, an apple which her mother could poison night before with lick from her devil tongue, bottle of water and strawberry yogurt. She took bite out of sandwich, someone was peer over her desk, her heart jump in her mouth.

“Are you sure you want join me for lunch” the words seem to escape from hes mouth.

She notice that he got fair crop hair like bright sunshine, hazel eyes, medium height with semi coca skin and cool pink lips. She though could fancy but she decide that why would he like her in that way sure not? No men if pay her compliant or attention at work before. She shook her and he walked away.

Here her chance to finish of the good deed for her heath cliff.

The afternoon seem to drag on forever, few times the sweat poured off her brow. She had run to bathroom, to re touch her make-up so she could keep up the work ethic and professional.
    The day ended with great sighed off relieve from Mary dry mouth wipe back her darken auburn hair. Quick left build before strange man with hazel eyes found her again with odd speech.

The computer error had past the week without been pick up on from anyone, she was utter amazing at in gone so fast. Putting on her pretty, revel to a point summer dress with flame underwear so her admirer would see. Mary meeting him in St.James next water foundation, he is wear the white suit with white hat with gold cane this time and new handmade tan shoes.

On bench they sitting cuddle one other, the cool calculation of brain way thing the next step while she only dreamed of fairytale when she with him. The time bing from his waist.

“Thank you my love, with this my business will stay alive” He gave wick smile again but with peril white teeth on show.

Mary smile like a naught little school girl as he hand slid up her thigh and she quiver. Her eyes melted, lids close and she let out groan.

“It four ‘o’clock must leave now but here letter, please will look after other envelop for him and do not open”. He held hand while spoke then gentle whisper I love you in her ear.

She sudden felt her knees going weak ” I will I promise and I love you too”.

She walking to bus stop, was clutch her bag and she fallen again into her fantasy world.
    Meaning while he is so proud that it being pull off. He move all five millions to off shore account with no paper trail behind.

Later that night in the privacy of her azure walls of her bedroom, on her luxury four post bed and place scent envelop out of her secret drawer. With quick bolt across the door and Barry White playing medium volume with hope drown out the old dragon from front room and her flaming voice.

Mary took long breath in, she kiss and open it.

She reading silence her head, the words were wrote in black ink from foundation pen which she had engrave for him for famous fourteen of February that year.

” My dearest Mary,
    My love has grow with deep desire for you,”
    You’re my soul mate for life and after, You make
    world complete with your smile. Your touch sent my
    heart pound, wanting break free to join your heart
    in your chest.

I dream of you in flame underwear and being being your
    slave.But I have to leave for while, to sort my business and
    I will whisk you off to romance holiday special for my
    lover.

Mary got changed into her nightie with old Gran style, climbing in her bed with her trash fairytale paperback. While try reading she could help thinking that he had let her down with him run out on her like this after what she had done for him. With put her job on line for love, with only glimmer of hope was the romance holiday.

The man with finger missing from left hand, sat at hes bureau with aftershave next to him and golden foundation pen in he right hand. Thinking for now he can spin a tale of his un died love for this poor middle aged women. He laughs all the way through writing so called love note and he taken words from a Radio four play. He mind wonder whether he should of ask for more but he though better of it.

Slow walking and taking public transport. I just can’t wait dump Mary, I will be free to do and go om holiday. He arrive at they usual meeting place, listening to her waffle on about their so romance getaway. All he could dreamed of he Villa and to sleep on bed of money which is he fantasy. Placing yellow envelop and brown envelop it her hand and leave quick as possible.
    Next day he leave on world round cruise and the ask stop is Italy.

Two years later the Royal Bank Of England was investigation because their was ledge rumors of frauds. Mary as made u turn in her romance life, the man with hazel eyes has become her husband and her mother has ending up in home but has come more bitter and twist then ever. Mary is been spying by he boss and hes looking for scapegoat. Looking through her working he discover six errors in her accounting with transfer large amounts to two off shore accounts which one was close weeks later.

A year earlier while Mary was on date, carer was late so the witch crept in to daughter room and hunting for any thing she could spoil Mary romance with so old witch wouldn’t left on her own or put in home. She found secret department in daughter bedside table which content love letters which smelt horrible and brown envelop. She opened the evelop and found receipts for top notch hotels and weekend breaks and jewelry. Her eyes lits like light bulbs, she rub her hands together with excitment and put everything back. Left and place the envelop in her hand bag that even in her to bed with her. Just then carer let herself in.
    Some weeks later Scotland Yard came to questions people, specify Mary, her boss and few others. Now Mary been Mary panic slightly but gave nothing way to her en dearest husband who cherish the ground she walked on. Mary sat nervously in her boss’s office just waiting to be arrest but she was question by detectives

“What is your relationship like with Sir John?” inquiry old distinctly detective while young one wrote down in little black book with old fashion hb pencil.

“Purely through work and not social manner” Mary spoke in her polish accent try to pretend she from upper crust of society. Now marry her husband she has come but she from working class background from east end.

“Did Sir John tell that hes had money worried due bad investments and loss on the stock exchange” As he stood peer down that her through thick brown glasses.

“NO he did not, anyway by I wouldn’t be able help him. I only have my saving which is eating away by mother nursing home”. Mary just had though that maybe she should be quite about her savings. Realized that she might implication herself in investigation.

Mhmm came from Grey hair policemen, the young look up and glance knowing that him. With this Mary felt sense of oh know creep up inside her and any minute they going confront up errors of judgment with the man in the white.

Well the day finally ending for Mary with great sigh of relief as stride out of building with her aristocrat husband but one hand she still had to take extra care how she acting
    at work and with bank account (special her saving account). She knew even then that least one or two eyes watching her as she got into chauffeur driven car. Later on that evening she touch up her appearance, waving goodbye, blew kiss and her husband pretend he catch it.

Hour later that nursing home, the woman with sandpaper for a tongue was living now since Mary was marry. The wicked old witch sitting green armchair with old folks watch detectives series with hellish grin could see snowhite come up the hall toward her.

“Hello Mary, I see from news at lunchtime, that work has been more interesting today” It rolled out from spiteful lips.

“Yes mother is has, should we get now and going to room” Mary spoke over the TV, she felt like she naughty five year old caught with her hand in the cookie.

As they walking toward old bat room, she gentle lean over and whisper in Mary’s ear that she knew secret. Mary shot a worried look at her with sweat building up under her arms.

Maggie room was pale pink which she dislike very much indeed but she knew to get what she want which give her great pleasure even better than sex she though.

“Mary, how come you never mention about Micheal before you got marry to him and what about other man you were see about two years ago?” Maggie did not believe in break the ice with anyone will anyone expect Mary.

“It none of your business who I saw or my husband now, NOW DARE YOU ask this!!” Mary snap back.

Mary mind is racing with stuff of try figure what the hag is up to with this line of questions. Mary sat dreamed in space of the marvels honeymoon she had and wish she was still on.

The witch who in her Sunday best like was special day, finally her jaw line start move with sound.

“I will get straight to point, I do not wish being horrible place any long so you take home to my flat” was words that left curl lips of her face with glint in her eyes.

Mary shriek with her head near hit the ceiling, shaking her head.
    head “No I can not do that I live with him now” Mary seem to be should but sort quietly as well in strange way.In her head, she tell herself must stand firm at matter what old bat got up sleeve.
    The noise starting again but calm more stern tone about fragile old woman that other people saw.

“Well if you don’t do as I ask then I will give your love letters and old brown envelop full receipts for weekends away or top notch hotel dinners you and he had to Scotland yard.” She close mouth with mug grin and nose in the air.

Mary faint.

After few minutes, the old woman gaves her smell salts Mary came round and hoping that the conversation never happened but she saw old bag face with devilish smile she as never seen from anyone before. Mary made her excuse and left. Heading for tower bridge always help her clear her head.

Mary slowly walked up to middle, still shaken her head in disbelieve with what
    she being blackmail it with and my her own mother was used just so get her own way. Mary brain still shocked and is repeat under her breath way is she try destroy my life and turn me in to plain Jane again.

she placed her foot on rail then other so now stand on the bar and stare in to dark winter night with wind push her back slightly. Mary close her eyes just let go and crest the murky Thames.

Copyright (C) 2011, Zoolane

anniemr
    Participant

Hi Zoolane,
    Just as a heads up, I noticed you have several typos in the first para of this story. You may want to do a spellcheck/grammar check. Also, even after using the word processing tools, it is a good idea to read your story out loud – because the spellcheck often misses things.

Annie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.