Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / uh hi! Pls be my critique partner

uh hi! Pls be my critique partner

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / uh hi! Pls be my critique partner

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dessaoutman
    Participant

Hello! My name is Dessa, and I’m a young-ish writer, with no formal education in writing, but I try hard, so that should count for something, right? I’ve been working on a novel for two years now, and am on draft six. I am unable to find the deep buried problems, and really want to improve my manuscript. My novel is a YA Fantasy called All the Dark Things, currently standing at 115,000 words, for all of you length people out there. (I swear I have better prose than this. How would I know? I don’t have a critique partner.) I would totally love to be your critique partner, too, if you want to do that. I will send you writing memes to inspire you.
    Here’s a little description, (it’s just a list of things, who am I kidding.) I’d love to hear a description of your book too!

-an exile
    -a girl
    -some monsters
    -guards that fight in the branches
    -a healer
    -a dark side of the island
    -a missing king and queen

much love,
    Dessa

themadhouse
    Participant

Hi!

I kinda get the feeling you and I might be a match! I’m also a young-ish writer with no formal education. I’m a fast reader and (I think) a pretty decent editor. I love your premise (in list form), and I’d like to chat further about maybe doing some exchanges. If you’re interested, maybe we can swap first chapters and see how it fits?

For a little about me: I’ve written a few ‘practice’ novels, and have poured a whole lot of heart, soul, sweat, and tears into this one. It’s the first one I’m actually proud of. It’s a complete YA fantasy MS(85,000 words).

Description:

-pirates
    -tropical adventures
    -imperial monarchies and oppressive wars
    -an annoyingly cryptic prophecy
    -^seven estranged sisters banding together to fulfill it
    -immortal swords forged by their mother and the sun God
    -some handsome dudes (’cause why not?)
    -and some good people making bad, bad decisions

I know I’m a few weeks late to this post, but if any of this sounds remotely convincing, please lemme know!

All the very best,

Maddy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.