Home / Forums / List of Forums / Short Stories / Unpublished author seeking feedback on YAF short ghost story

Unpublished author seeking feedback on YAF short ghost story

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Short Stories / Unpublished author seeking feedback on YAF short ghost story

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

frank
    Participant

Hello! I’ve been working on a short story with the intention of publishing it for free to various digital publishers. The primary goal is to introduce the characters of a forthcoming three-part YA Sci-Fi series and, of course, to get my feet wet in the publishing industry.

I am seeking a few people with fresh eyes for a one-time read and critique of my story who can provide frank (ha!) feedback before I send it off for editing in preparation for publishing.

If you are interested, please let me know!

jeanna
    Participant

I’d be willing to give it a look if you still want someone to. I do have a few requirements about what I won’t read, but if you want to chat about that and about how long it would take me to give some feedback, you can email me: jeanna.brooke@gmail.com

frank
    Participant

jeanna–that’d be great! My goal is to write “clean”, but in order for there to be a ghost, someone has to to die and my wife noted that that part of the story might be disturbing to some. I’ll follow up with you via email!

mrlernon
    Participant

Hi Frank,

I love ghost stories and YAs. Feel free to send.

Adam

frank
    Participant

Adam,

I just thought to check back on this thread the other day as I had thought that I’d get an email notification if this thread was commented on–nope!

I’d love to have you take a look! I’m just wrapping up what I want to send for critique and should have it ready sometime next week.

If you are still game, let me know how to send it to you and in what format you would prefer it (e.g. PDF, MS Word, hard copy, etc.).

In general, I’m looking for fresh eyes to give honest feedback on all elements, both good and bad, to see if it is worth publishing or not. If you want a formal review checklist, I can create one, otherwise I’d prefer a more organic, from the gut review from you.

You can contact me at frank(d0t)w(d0t)adams(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks,

Frank

laura
    Keymaster

Hi Frank – probably best to direct message Adam and he will get a notification in his email. That’s if you check back here of course 🙂

frank
    Participant

Thanks LPW–I’ve got review drafts off to Adam and Jeanna!

laura
    Keymaster

fab!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.