Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Urban fantasy beta readers

Urban fantasy beta readers

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Urban fantasy beta readers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jayme
    Participant

I’m looking for a critique partner (or several) who is familiar with urban fantasy and would be willing to exchange manuscripts, or maybe just the first 3 chapters as a test drive. Mine is 98,000 words, and pretty prestine, but my attempts to query for it have been fruitless. Okay, I probably jumped the gun shopping it around to agents. It needs fresh eyes. Anyone have a pair they’re willing to share? Let me know!

hopeshines
    Participant

Right now I am just offering to beta read or critique without a lot of swapping-and I love reading fantasy including urbanif you want another opinion
    Hope

jayme
    Participant

Well that would be wonderful, Hope! I’ll send you a message momentarily.

suebelle
    Participant

Jayme,

I’m new to this site which is why I’m writing you a month after your post. ;-0 I write urban fantasy/paranormal romance and mystery and would love to hook up with a serious fellow writer.

If you want to start out with a short “test drive” e-mail would be fine. But just an FYI: I’m a final reader for a few of my published friends and have learned that to give a proper read-through of a completed manuscript that manuscript needs to be printed out. I’m just mentioning this because I know a lot of folks here like to send everything via e-mail in tiny sections. But that doesn’t really work when one is critiquing a large manuscript pacing and story flow is so important.
    Let me know!
    Sue

jayme
    Participant

Oh dear, you’ve probably forgotten about me! I had no idea it had been so long since I’ve checked in with Ladies Who Critique! Time flies in the summer…

ANYWAY, if you’re still interested, I could swap a test drive with you. The printed out manuscript makes a lot of sense to me. I haven’t swapped the full manuscript with anyone before…except with people I know who already like me 🙂 …so it would be interesting.

Drop me an e-mail!
    jnabbott11@hotmail.com

–Jayme

kyotzeta
    Participant

Hrmm…sounds like you have all the help you need, but if you don’t mind a totally unexperienced critiquer (sp?), unpublished UF writer, and long term UF addict (DeLint in particular, Windling, Robinson, etc.) checking things out…

😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.