Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Wanted: Beta reader for contemporary YA about sisters

Wanted: Beta reader for contemporary YA about sisters

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Wanted: Beta reader for contemporary YA about sisters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jordynface
    Participant

THE GIRLS WE WERE is a 55,000 word contemporary YA novel.

Fifteen year old Zooey is sweet and easygoing — exactly the sort of girl her seventeen year old sister, Piper thinks she should be. Instead, Piper’s feisty and tactlessly honest. She has always been the brave one — brave enough for both of them. But when Piper’s boyfriend breaks up with her and her unresolved feelings for her first love bubble up again they bring with them her jealous tendencies and Zooey, faced with a situation she can’t go to her big sister with, realizes there are different types of bravery.

THE GIRLS WE WERE is a contemporary YA story of two sisters on a path to becoming the girls they want to be, and the hard truths that might break them apart.

—-
    This book has been through many drafts and many revisions; I think it’s agent-ready, but would love a beta reader or two (or three!) to give it a read. I’m not looking for in-depth critiques here, but more of a “this is ready”/”this isn’t ready.”

ellimac0717
    Participant

Are you still looking for someone to read your novel? ‘Cause it sounds super cool, and I’m totally down for it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.