Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Wanted: CP must love chocolate

Wanted: CP must love chocolate

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Wanted: CP must love chocolate

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

laboyden
    Participant

Hi, I’m Leslie and I am looking for a critique partner. This isn’t a one story job; I am looking for someone to be my CP for life. I want to get published someday I need someone who shares that ambition.
    What I’m looking for: I believe a truly great CP is someone who writes something that you enjoy reading and writing. I enjoy humor. I need to laugh while reading. I also like reading fast paced stories. I don’t think I can give 100% if I can barely get through the first page. I need someone who is willing to go the extra mile beyond critiquing and be someone to talk to about ideas, problems or life in general. I sound like someone from eHarmony don’t I?
    What I can give: Chocolate. No, but seriously. I can give critiques, I am not the best at deep analysis, but I do know what to look for in a MS as far a structure, character development and basic grammar.
    I’m currently editing a YA superhero romance. I felt the need to put in romance because that is more of the focus of the story at the moment. It’s in its first draft stages, so it sucks, I’ll admit that, but that’s the whole point of this right? To find someone who can help you shape the suck into something presentable?
    Anyway here is what the story is about.
    It’s about a teenage superhero, who gets annoyed when an arrogant new hero arrives in her town and steals the spotlight. It’s about how the development of their relationship and how their origin stories connect.

plainjane
    Participant

Hi Leslie! Our tastes seem to collide (particularly the chocolate) and I’d be interested in swapping a few chapters with you to see if we’re a good match. Only issue for me is that I’m trying to revise my first chapters, so I’m in the process of deciding between several, so you may get a few different chapters from me, if you decide to connect up. 😉

Right now, I’m doing the millionth rewrite/edit of a YA paranormal novel about a girl who discovers she has clairvoyant abilities, which makes her a target from a zealous group of crazies. Oh! But there’s also a clairvoyant boy who swoops in to try to warn her. Craziness and a bit of romance ensues.

Let me know if this sounds like something you’d be interested in critting. If not, no worries.

Happy writing!

dianabeautyshow
    Participant

Hey Leslie! I think we both are looking for the same thing. I too want to get serious about my book and publish it one day – but that will only come with the help of others, and by that i mean, if other people can read my work and critique it. I am open to read your work and give you my best feedback. I have a Bachelor degree in Education, and I love spending my free time reading books. I may not be a professional but reading as many as 10-15 books a month gave me a creative side. I hope we can help each other. I enjoy reading YA/romance/fantasy/fiction/modern world/dystopian type of books.

Let me know if this is something that interests you. Good luck and Take care xo

Anonymous

Hi Leslie. I’m looking for many of the same things you are. In particular, a life long CP. You can check my profile for specifics and also for my current WIP.

If you like, we could swap a some chapters and see how things go.

laboyden
    Participant

Sorry I haven’t checked this in a few weeks I’ll message you all after the holiday.

jackie
    Participant

Hi Leslie. I just read your post and I think your story sounds really interesting. I have a WIP myself, a paranormal romance. Check out my profile. If you like what you read and still need a CP, PM me or email me at rj256@aol.com.

laboyden
    Participant

At time time I’m not accepting anymore request. Thank you.

laboyden
    Participant

At time time I’m not accepting anymore request. Thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.