Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Wanted: CP willing to read both women’s fiction & fantasy (possibly YA)

Wanted: CP willing to read both women’s fiction & fantasy (possibly YA)

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Wanted: CP willing to read both women’s fiction & fantasy (possibly YA)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

chylu
    Participant

Hello!

I’ll try this again. I’ve had a few emails from people but have yet to find a dedicated CP to exchange work with!

I’ve got a finished novel – Nice Girls Don’t Date Rock Stars – which is a women’s fiction about a girl approaching 30 trying to sort out the results of the poor choices she made in her 20s, mainly to do with losing herself when she began dating her rock star hero. I’ve been querying it here and there, and have spent so much time polishing the query itself that I would benefit from more eyes!

I’m working on a fantasy. Not sure if it’s YA or not as the MC is 17, but it’s not typical YA type issues. I imagine it would be marketed as YA. I’m only working on the first draft, but would love some input on what I’ve got so far. Briefly, a village has been cut off from the outside world (Britain) for 300 years due to a magical battle that went wrong and contaminated the survivors and their descendant. No one’s been in or out of the village in that time, but when the MC’s mother gets handed her death sentence (the inevitable degenerative disease that kills all the villagers in their 30s/40s), the MC is determined to escape and find help, or answers.

Whew, that was a mouthful!

If interested, please, please contact me. I’m very eager to get a CP whose work I can also fall into and escape from my own with 🙂 I can be flexible with exchanging work once a week, once every other week, or twice a week – whatever suits!

I’m happy to critique any genre. Fantasy/sci-fi are my favourites, and I also love women’s fiction/chick-lit, literary fiction, YA, etc.

Send me a message if interested! Thank you 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.