Home / Forums / List of Forums / Mainstream Fiction Novels / Welcome and introduce yourselves

Welcome and introduce yourselves

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Mainstream Fiction Novels / Welcome and introduce yourselves

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Cathy Franklin
    Participant

This group is for those of us who are writing Mainstream Fiction, or things that do not fit in any other category. Please introduce yourself and tell us about your writing and what you would like in a critique partner.

Cathy Franklin
    Participant

I guess I’ll start. My name is Cathy. I live in rural SE Arizona. I have been writing for more than 38 years. I’m currently working on a romance, my memoirs, and a couple of other projects. I write articles and book reviews for several websites. I can always use another CP to help me, and I’m willing to help others. I don’t know a whole lot about mainstream fiction, but maybe we can learn about it together.

Sharra S
    Participant

Hi Cathy!

My name’s Sharra. Live in Ontario, Canada. I haven’t been writing actively for a long period of time but I’m determined to finish my WIP. It is a fantasy trilogy set in a marine world.

I find my taste in reading runs to all sorts of genres and am detailed oriented. Open to being a beta/CP.

annstanleywriting
    Participant

Hi everyone. I’m Ann. I live in Bend, Oregon, on the east side of the Cascades. I have written my first novel and spent a long time editing it. It’s about a young widow who can’t seem to get over her husband’s death. She starts dating and runs into trouble: nightmares, guilt, anger. She tries to return to the career she had before his death and finds she isn’t ready. There’s lot of interwoven threads with other characters and a shaman and a final surprise discovery about herself. I am looking for beta readers and open to being one or giving other feedback. I am probably more big-picture and less detail oriented (I’m not going to catch your grammar mistakes :)).

suzannecolorado
    Participant

Hi! I just joined this group and am excited to be here. I never know how to classify the stories I write 🙂 My current work is about an amusement park for men and an average guy who is hoping to become the “King of Man Land” — until a woman enters the pictures and starts beating him. I call it a romantic comedy.

I love reading all sorts of stories – not too much into SciFi, though. I like all the feedback / CPs I can get — haha.

rafawriter
    Participant

Hello? My name is Rafael and I’m new to this place. I had some bad experiences in other critique forums, mostly on and about queries which just deepen my fear of putting my work out there. But without proper feedback how can you learn?

So I’m going out on a limb again and trying this forum. Hopefully I can find someone to critique my first book and either make it shine or set a funeral pyre to it so I can move on.

The book is called “Neither Here nor There” which is general fiction, although the bulk of my writing is speculative fiction. You can find samples of my writing in my blog.

Thank you for you time.

shygirl
    Participant

Hi, I’m CJ. I’ve been writing for about 20 years, but just got my courage up to self pub a novel (Wyoming Dreamer) in 2009, then last year I self-pubbed my second one(Marry Me Underthe Mistletoe) both available on Amazon. I’m working on number three now and I want this one to be the best and maybe try conventional publishing.

Once I learn how to use this site, I’ll probably want a crit partner.

suzannecolorado
    Participant

Hey shygirl – I’m also trying to figure out this site 🙂 You’re novels sound interesting – and I’ll go check out your blog as well.

Cathy Franklin
    Participant

Welcome to our newest members – rafawriter, shygirl, and suzannecolorado.

jane
    Participant

Hello–
    I’ve always had stories in my head but it wasn’t until I was in my late 30s that I got enough confidence to start writing. I’ve been writing a novel for some years now, taking time off to care for parents and moving, and am looking to get back to it. My novel is about an outcast girl/woman with big dreams and big troubles in a small MO town told in 3rd limited pov that incorporates several genres (YA, Romance, Thriller) and is written in a somewhat unconventional format. I’ve changed its format a couple of times and now, it seems I keep adding chapters and can’t ever seem to get to rewriting the middle. I’m looking for an honest critique but also guidance. I have several years of critique experience and am interested in exchanging critiques. Like a couple of others, I’m new to the site and slowly learning my way around: )

melissam
    Participant

Hello, I’m Melissa. I’m a college student, studying history and French. I’ve been writing for years, but this novel is my first serious attempt at finishing one and getting it published. I look forward to learning how to use this site and hopefully finding a partner to critique with.

Anonymous

I’m Carlye and I have a few completed novels under my belt, none of them published yet. I have several years of critiquing experience, but I’ve been out of practice lately, hence my checking the “Dabbler” box in my profile. I’m finding my way around the site and hope to stick around,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.