Home / Forums / List of Forums / Children’s Literature / What are Key Topics for Children’s Books Right Now?

What are Key Topics for Children’s Books Right Now?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Children’s Literature / What are Key Topics for Children’s Books Right Now?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Monkeys, kisses, shapes, colors, eating, pottying, yes and no, big and small, letters, numbers, monsters, socks, candy, swimming, pink hair, music, etc,

Organizing your thoughts to sit down to write the children’s book that is on the tip of your fingertips can be majorly overwhelming. Kids are so simple and yet so complex, so a struggle sometimes creeps up about what language to use and what to write about.

Have a great idea about a story involving a moon? But then you think, another book about the moon? Another book about a monkey? Is that ok? Am I not creative? Does one need to reinvent the wheel? Do you have to be the next Dr. Seuss or Karen Katz?

Here’s the question, plain and simple: What children’s topics are you writing about? And if it’s a time-and-time-again topic, how are you making your story unique?

Let’s motivate each other with great ideas!

pamela
    Participant

Exactly! Turning an old theme into something fresh and new is a challenge.
    Maybe if we learn to just relax and stop trying too hard we can achieve more and better things. Our uniqueness will come out and shine! Whether it’s about the moon, snowman, stars, fears, and all of the above!
    As I write my children’s stories, I tell myself that children are simple so why am I overthinking a theme or subject?
    Keep it simple and have fun!

madiha
    Participant

Children are fascinated by the strangest of things like a piece of string, a feather, their fingers! Just pick the simplest of things and as Pamela said, don’t over think it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.