Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / What are your favorite fantasy books?

What are your favorite fantasy books?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / What are your favorite fantasy books?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

xaenyth
    Participant

Extra credit for urban fantasy. I’m looking for something new to read.

annsquared
    Participant

Do I get extra extra credit if my recommendation happens to be on sale for $.99 if you buy it in ebook format? 🙂 Stacia Kane’s Downside Series (the first, called ‘Unholy Ghosts’ is $.99), the next two are $4.99 each. Great series, and a wonderful example of how to take a very flawed protagonist and make her exceptionally likable. She subverts a number of tropes too, which I always appreciate.
    Definitely check them out if you haven’t read them yet! I’ll even give you a link: http://www.staciakane.net/books/unholy-ghosts/

Karen Marie Moning’s Fever Series is really good too. I don’t think it’s on sale though. 🙂

annsquared
    Participant

Oh, these aren’t Urban Fantasy, but I lurve them all the same. George RR Martin’s A Song of Fire and Ice saga. It’s like getting ten books for the price of five since they’re all a bit less than 1,000 pages.
    I’ll admit I’m not a huge fan of his prose (and every time he filters, which he does a lot, I get a little twitch, but the story trumps the little bothersome quirks.)
    It’s a fabulous series. If you start it, plan to lose sleep, and start responding to people with sayings like, “Winter is Coming”. And plan to devote lots of time to speculating about which characters make up the three heads of the dragon and who Jon Snow’s parents are. It’s addictive I tell you. Addictive!

Anonymous

Well, I only read a German Urban Fantasy and it was great. Sorry that I can´t come up with an English one. 😉 (But maybe City of Bones?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.