Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / What inspired you to be a writer?

What inspired you to be a writer?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / What inspired you to be a writer?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Tracy Rohlfing
    Participant

Briefly tell who or what inspired you to start writing.

kebrown
    Participant

I’ve always loved stories and I used to tell my little brother these elaborate stories that would last for nights on end without actually writing any of them down. And then my brother got too old to listen to every random fantastical idea that popped into my head so i started sort of doing these brief ourlines. It wasn’t until I read Libba Bray’s Gemma Doyle Trilogy that I actually had the thought “I want other people to read my stories and when they read them, I want them to make people feel the way these made me feel.”

Anonymous

I think my inspiration comes from God. One day when I was about seven, I was using the restroom and lyrics to a poem just started flowing through my mind. I wrote them down immediately. That same day I was outside and saw daisies dancing in the wind. That gave me another poem and I knew then what I was meant to do. I have probably written almost 100 poems since. Now I’m venturing into YA fiction.

katied
    Participant

I read so much that one day I thought, hey I want to give this a try. I started with poetry over 10 years ago, moved on to short stories and now i’m atempting my first novel.

mandywriter
    Participant

Well, I have always loved diving into a new book and getting lost in someone else’s world. But I never really thought of actually writing a book until my fourth grade English teacher told me that I would be a great writer and that I should pursue it since I loved reading and loved writing to the prompts she handed out.

When she told me that, I was thinking, “I can write a book?? But I thought books were just made out of magic. People write books??”
    I remember one time I actually got up the courage to ask her about weeks later, and she laughed at me and said, “Of course people right books, silly.”

I miss my English teacher. =( lol

But ever since then, I was making character’s up in my head and writing down ideas I had for their worlds, but I never actually started writing, writing until middle school.

So my fourth grade English teacher was a big inspiration, and of course all the amazing authors who write my favorite series.

Here are a few of my favorite authors, but by far not all of them. J.K Rowling, Maggie Stiefvater, Jackson Pearce, Andrea Cremer, Richelle Mead, Rachel Vincet, and a lot more!

Linda Fausnet
    Participant

My inspiration to be a writer came from seeing Back to the Future when I was ten years old. I swear, I walked into that theater one way and came out a different person….I wrote screenplays for years and then finally tried my hand at writing novels since its GOT to be slightly easier to sell a novel than a screenplay. I never imagined I could ever love writing novels as much as screenplays but I do!! I am in desperate need of crit partners for my current novel so please do email me at silverscrnwriter@Gmail.com if you’re interested!!

fiona
    Participant

I think this quote really explains it for me: “If there’s a book you really want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” ~Toni Morrison

But my main influence is probably JK Rowling. I didn’t actually like reading much as a kid, I used to play around with Barbie dolls until I started reading Harry Potter. So she has done amazing things for literacy rate, I’m proof.

So after reading HP, I started reading more books, and more. Until I couldn’t hold back and finally started writing.

pamela
    Participant

My grade 6 teacher, Betsy A. She wrote in my autograph book that I was passing along to everybody on the last day of school.
    She wrote, “Hope to read your stories in a book someday.”
    That was the day I was inspired.

writingwhatiwant
    Participant

I loved to read. I read everything from Nancy Drew to Kristen Heitzmann’s The Edge of Recall. I fell in love. One day, I was bored and had nothing to do . So I got my notebook and pen and started writing. From nowhere. Now I am hoping to submit 48 pages to a publisher after I get to 48 pages and have someone critique it.

allyson
    Participant

Strangly it was twilight that got me started. My sister dragged me to the movie and I liked it. So i went out and bought the books. Reading them i found myself closing my eyes and changing the scense in my head, and one day i started writting it down and out of it I made this 300 page booklet. Since then I havent stopped. I no longer write anything like twilight though lol. my stories are alittle more grusume than stephanie myers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.