Home / Forums / List of Forums / Women’s Fiction / Chick Lit / What is your writing routine?

What is your writing routine?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Women’s Fiction / Chick Lit / What is your writing routine?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

laura
    Keymaster

First thing in the morning, on your lunch break, middle of the night? Share what works for you and why!

Rima Gokani
    Participant

I work full-time so fitting in writing can be a challenge. But I try and write for a few hours when I get home leaving any edits to be done on my travel to work. The time I get an idea for writing is always chaos. I’ll have post-its on my wall to map out thoughts which I’ll then use to build my characters and a brief story plot. Lots of fun 🙂

febe moss
    Participant

I’m usually a weekend writer. But I’m trying to start querying by the end of the year. So I may need to start writing some during the week.

Kenra Daniels
    Participant

I write just about any time, any where. I don’t have a day job, so I can usually write whenever. Early morning and late nights are best for me, when everyone’s in bed, so there are no interruptions.

I take my laptop along whenever I go anywhere, and write while hubby or daughter drives – I don’t drive anymore because of heavy narcotics and other meds with serious side effects on perception and reflex.

I also write in doc waiting rooms, whenever I have to wait for something more than five mins. When my daughter was in labor with the oldest and youngest grandsons, I wrote in the L/D suite with her. No time with the middle one, he came 9 mins after we hit the front doors of the hospital, lol.

Weekends I usually don’t write quite as much, spending more time with family, and taking care of book reviews and blog posts, etc.

yawattahosby
    Participant

I write everywhere and anytime. I carry a notebook and pen with me everywhere I go. It helps that my part-time job is working at a desk, so I can disguise writing my stories or blogging as actual work LOL. My favorite places are the library, in my room watching TV or listening to music. The more background noise–the better I concentrate.

I wish I could wake up early in the morning to focus on writing, but it’s just not possible. I’m NOT a morning person at all.

pamela
    Participant

I work fulltime also. I try to squeeze in some time between 7:30 and 8:00 am. A little bit in the afternoons. Nighttimes are for going to bed early! Weekends are for family or revisions.

laura
    Keymaster

I’m glad this post has come up again. I’ve been waking up at 6am (this is a killer for me!!!!!) recently and alternate between blogging, writing and research to get stuff done. I don’t let myself touch email or social media before 8am. It’s a pretty good routine and I feel like I am getting a ton more stuff done this way, let’s see how long it lasts!!

Anonymous

I have a goal of 1,000 words per day, which is hit or miss. Weekends it’s about 2-3K per day, weekdays less, unless I get up at 5am and write before work. (This makes me nauseous.)

This morning I wrote 1,000 words in 45 mins. because it was a scene I dreamt from the night before. How easy is that??

laura
    Keymaster

haha, @jgeissinger let’s hope you can keep that up – dream a scene every night for a month and get 30 chapters out! sounds grrrrrrrreat!

rhlh627
    Participant

I usually write in the evenings or at night. I tend to be way too distracted during the day to do anything productive other than think on my stories. And mornings? Well, we’re not exactly on speaking terms these days, but maybe we’ll work out our differences lol 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.