Home / Forums / List of Forums / Historical / What time in history are you writing about?

What time in history are you writing about?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Historical / What time in history are you writing about?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

laura
    Keymaster

What a fascinating genre. I’d love to hear about the period in time you are currently penning.

Barbara G.Tarn
    Participant

I’m currently working on a novel set at the end of the 12th century… it’s an experiment for me, as I usually write fantasy! 🙂

Anonymous

My WiP is sent in Ancient Rome during the strife after Julius Caesar’s assassination. I began working on it a few years ago as a straight historical novel but have recently contemplated spinning it to be a little more historical fantasy.

Barbara–Interesting! My historical WiP in my first historical novel as well. I’ve enjoyed the different challenges.

dmarie84
    Participant

I have one WiP set in 1890s Japan, another in 1700s Japan and one historical/fantasy based off Indian culture.

Barbara G.Tarn
    Participant

@dmarie84: sounds really interesting! My fantasy novel is based on India and Persia, although I’m not really trying to follow history (as my world is actually another planet, albeit similar to ours)

ladymalai
    Participant

My current WIP is a WWII set in England the European Theatre. I’m madly in love with the 40’s and WWII.

sharone
    Participant

My Novel is set in the year 1868 in a small town in Tennessee.

kiwi44
    Participant

My books are all based during the American Civil War … the protagonists are sent back in time from modern day.

dianew
    Participant

I’m working on a short story during WWII and the Japanese American internment camps (not sure it qualifies as historical as events will occur before and after 1945). Researching Edo Japan for a novel.

hdarling2000
    Participant

My focus is prehistory — 6,000 years ago to 9,000 years ago. I consider this historical fiction, since I do a lot of research and try to be as accurate as possible, as far as we know.

tkmarnell
    Participant

My primary WiP is in late 1890s London, and then I have a light comedy set in 1907 New York. I’ve done a few short stories in the same time period for practice as well.

mkmcclintock
    Participant

Late 19th century Montana Territory! It’s been fun researching the history of where I live.

Anonymous

Book in progress: Mexican Revolution of 1910. I live in the area where my novel takes place. My focus: two families, how the Revolution affects them.

strahbary
    Participant

My time frame is mid 1800’s focusing on south america and Italian unification

sandy12
    Participant

Mine is set in 1920s Los Angeles.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.