Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Where does your inspiration come from?

Where does your inspiration come from?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Where does your inspiration come from?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

xaenyth
    Participant

A lot of my ideas come from books and movies that I love. Some things come from my kids and my husband.

Where do you get your ideas?

Chiaki
    Participant

@xaenyth, Nice. :3 I’d be curious to know what ideas you can get out of your kids :p

All of my ideas just pop into my head (at the most inconvenient moments, too) and expand at night, when I think about them more in depth. Well, I don’t force myself to think about them, I just can’t sleep without having a story playing out in my mind (I usually fall alseep in the middle of battle scenes -_-). The ideas that pop into my head are usually inspired by other thoughts, most of which are random. and have nothing to do with the current situation I’m in.

Hermina Vass
    Participant

The greatest ideas used to pop up when I took a shower. But ever since I’ve been conscious about it they stopped. As if I lost a super power…

I read loads of mythology. I just love how almost all the old tales are gross and/or very sad. After I read enough of them I have the weirdest dreams. These are useful as basic ideas.

@Chiaki I do that daydreaming before I fall asleep too. But it’s mostly fan fiction. 😛

indigograce
    Participant

@Chiaki and @Hermina I also daydream about my stories before falling asleep. Sometimes I have my greatest ideas then or really early in the morning when I first wake up. I often can’t go to sleep with out reading fan fiction before bed! Some if it is just so freakin’ good! 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.