Home / Forums / List of Forums / Poetry / Who do you write for?

Who do you write for?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Poetry / Who do you write for?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

madiha
    Participant

I am not a poet but enjoy poetry and am curious. When you write poetry what are you thinking? Are you thinking “Readers might enjoy this” or is it like a “revelation”, as some call it, that just leads you to write a poem? Do you write for yourself more than for your audience and believe they’ll connect if it comes from the heart?

sarahw
    Participant

When I’m writing just a poem (as suppose to a story in verse), I generally think of it as a personified feeling or emotion.

Anonymous

I know these are old posts. Are there any poets out there? I hoped if I answered a couple it might motivate others. Or not…

When I write poetry I am really only thinking of the poem; trying to put not just the idea, but the whole into clear, but rhythmic writing. It isn’t until I finish that I think of the reader and then hope someday I’ll be able to share them.

Some poems come from something I saw or heard, others could come from a line of someone’s poetry that triggered something in me. Sometimes lately I resort to using “Poem Starters” that I find on the internet just for practice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.