Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Writing Conferences etc

Writing Conferences etc

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Writing Conferences etc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

laura
    Keymaster

Hi ladies! I was wondering, have any of you attended/ attend regularly writing conferences around the country? Some people think the price tag is too high, but I’m wondering if you have found value in them. If so, please share the details and let’s get a good list of conferences worth attending on here!

febe moss
    Participant

I went to my first writing conference last year. http://dfwwritersconference.org/

It was a great price and it was the first time i got to pitch my story. Loved it! Thinking about going this year.

michelledevans
    Participant

I’ve joined in with http://writeoncon.com/about/what-is-writeoncon/ for the last 2 years… it’s online and it’s free… so much great info

michelledevans
    Participant

I also listened into ‘Writing Unto the Glory’ a Christian writing conference at Bethel church in Redding – it cost me less than $20 and I could sit in my pjs in Australia and tap into some great information.

fetterslopez
    Participant

I’ve attended Antioch’s Writer’s Workshop in Yellow Springs Ohio. It was a week long intense experience. Pricey, yes, got a lot of great info from it though and pitched for the first time. I’ve also attended Mad Anthony’s writer Conference in Hamilton Ohio, this will be my second year. Less expensive, still good info but not as personally intense as AWW

shygirl
    Participant

I’ve attended conferences ever since I started taking writing seriously-about 12 yrs ago. At that time I was living in Wyoming and Wyoming Writers Inc. holds a top-notch conference every June. If you’re into westernalia, you can’t beat a Western Writers of America conference. Since moving to Arkansas, I’ve attended White Country Creative Writers (Searcy, AR), The Arkansas Writers Conference (Little Rock) and a wonderful conference: Ozark Creative Writers (Eureka Springs) each fall.
    I just got home from the annual Blue Ridge Writers Conference in Blue Ridge, GA. Helpful? Imperative, especially for new writers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.