Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Writing/CP Wanted for Historical Fiction and Historical Romance Novels

Writing/CP Wanted for Historical Fiction and Historical Romance Novels

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Writing/CP Wanted for Historical Fiction and Historical Romance Novels

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ladymj
    Participant

I’m looking for Writing/Critique Partners who can offer feedback on the plot and other aspects of my 2 historical fiction novels.
    The rough drafts aren’t complete, as I’m still trying to flesh out strong storylines. That’s where a writing/critique partner comes in.
    Basically, someone you could communicate their opinion on the strengths and weaknesses of the stories, as well as somone I can bounce ideas off of. Preferably, someone who enjoys reading/writing historical fiction or historical romance.

One story begins on a plantation just before the American Civil War and follows the protagonist to into the 1870’s. The other, an adult historical romance, takes place on a plantation in Brazil during the Victorian Era.

Message me if you’re interested and would like to know more about the novel in progress.
    In exchange, I’ll be happy to give any feedback on your work. I’ve enjoyed brainstorming, and being a sounding board/critique partner for friends, as well as offering feedback on these genres an online writing community.

coladaja
    Participant

I am a terrific editor, English language and writing composition teacher. I have a particular interest in historical fiction. Have written a book on being a teenage girl in war-torn Beirut. I’m not much in the romance aspect. At the moment I am concentrating on critiques for my short stories and a book. Because what I write is near and dear, it is hard to be objective as far as the reader’s interest may be concerned. My short stores are based on memories but come with a hopeful inspirational message to the reader, sort of “Do this and not that.” My book is a human interest success story revolving around my son I adopted in Thailand. By the time he was four, I was convinced he was intellectually slow. Boy, was I wrong! There is a little in it about his color being raised primarily in an American society.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.